The Romanian Institute of Science and Technology has a strong focus on basic and applied research in machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
Some current research topics are:
- developing technologies for program synthesis or induction, using deep learning and other machine learning methods, with a focus on the automated development of web pages;
- deep learning for processing medical images;
- object reconstruction with deep learning, with a focus on museum artifacts;
Previously, our scientists have developed several new learning rules for spiking neural networks. Components of such a learning rule have been implemented in Intel’s Loihi neuromorphic chip.
We welcome collaborations with companies where we can apply our know-how in deep learning and other machine learning methods. Contact us to discuss about this.
Our know-how in deep learning can be broadly applied in a large variety of fields. Some examples of topics we approached are:
- automated generation of web pages;
- detecting tumors in brain scans;
- detecting anomalies in heart sounds;
- segmenting ultrasound images for periodontal investigations;
- detecting spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 in electrooculogram signals;
- defending against adversarial attacks in image classification, e.g. of traffic signs;
- text analysis, e.g. sentiment detection.