The Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (RIST) welcomes Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship applications for the currently open call, with a deadline on September 9, 2020.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSC-IF) provide opportunities to researchers of any nationality to acquire and transfer new knowledge and to work on research and innovation in Europe. The programme particularly supports the return and (re)integration of European researchers from outside Europe and those who have previously worked here. It also promotes the career restart of individual researchers who show great potential. Fellowships are awarded for 12 to 24 months (standard European Fellowships and Reintegration Fellowships) or 36 months (Career Restart Fellowships).
RIST is located in Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania, and is a host organization eligible for the Widening Fellowships programme, which provides an extra budget of 7M euros for proposals that failed to reach an adequate place in the ranking to be funded in the highly competitive regular MSC-IF call but obtained a score of 70% or above in the regular call. Moreover, it is likely that the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research will allocate funding for proposals that obtained a score of 85% or above in the regular call and did not initially obtain funding due to the limitations of the regular call budget.
The fellowships award a living allowance of about 3357 euros monthly (total cost, corresponding to about 2134 euros net monthly salary, after taxes, under current tax levels); a mobility allowance of 600 euros monthly; a family allowance (if applicable) of 500 euros monthly (total cost); and research, training and networking costs of 800 euros monthly.
We welcome applications in the following fields:
- artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), including applications of AI/ML in the current area of expertise of the applicant, or research on the social impact of artificial intelligence;
- modelling and simulation of photonics devices and equipment: lasers, optical fibers, integrated optics, optical sensing, free space optics, etc.;
- Computational Flow Dynamics (CFD): modelling and simulation of fluid dynamics;
- biospeleology, subterranean biology, cave ecology, subterranean ecology, groundwater ecology, paleoenvironments, Crustacea, Coleoptera, phylogeny, microbial ecology, metabarcoding.
- Candidates must be experienced researchers (being in possession of a doctoral degree or having at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience at the call deadline).
- Eligible researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Romania for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline (for standard European Fellowships) or for more than 3 years in the 5 years immediately prior to the call deadline (for Career Restart and Reintegration Fellowships).
- For standard European Fellowships and Career Restart Fellowships, candidates may be of any nationality. For Reintegration Fellowships, candidates should be citizens or long-term residents of EU member states or Horizon 2020 associated countries.
- For Career Restart Fellowships, candidates should have had a career break in research of at least 12 months within 18 months prior to the call deadline.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in exploring the opportunities offered by the MSC-IF to work at RIST, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible but before August 10th, 2020 (internal deadline), the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae, including the list of publications;
- a preliminary abstract of the research proposal.
The candidates will be selected by RIST by August 15th, 2020.
The selected candidates will be supported in the development of their project proposals that must be submitted to the European Commission by September 9th, 2020.
- General information on the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships;
- Information about the current call;
- Detailed information – work programme (see p. 54 – MSCA-IF-2020: Individual Fellowships; p. 76 and the following – Eligibility and cost eligibility conditions for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions; p. 85 – Evaluation criteria; p. 88 – Evaluation procedure; p. 89, 92, 94 – EU contribution and applicable unit costs; The information relevant to the current call is tagged as IF – Individual Fellowships);
- How to write a successful proposal;
- Evaluation tips;
- An example of a funded proposal;
- Handbook with lots of helpful information.