The Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (RIST) has an opening for a position of Machine Learning Programmer, up to September 2020, in the context of the DeepRiemann project: “Riemannian Optimization Methods for Deep Learning”, funded by European structural funds.
The successful applicant will be part of a newly created team of international researchers working in machine learning / deep learning. The main task of the applicant will be the development of applications of deep learning methods. The selected candidates will be asked to program mainly in Python and efficiently implement algorithms over GPU-based parallel computing architectures, using frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
This position represents an ideal and privileged opportunity for both recently graduated master students and more experienced computer scientists and engineers to join a vibrant, international, and multidisciplinary working environment.
The contract may start as soon as possible. RIST, which is located in Cluj-Napoca, offers competitive salaries and top-level working conditions. The net salary for this position will be approximately in the range of 6.500 to 7.500 lei per month, according to the experience of the candidate.
RIST is an equal opportunity employer, and women, members of underrepresented groups, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Equal opportunity is a principle underlying the whole selection process.
Desired qualifications and skills
- Bachelor (master degree is preferred) in computer science, information technology engineering, applied mathematics, or related fields
- Strong analytical skills, such as problem solving and logical thinking
- Solid background in one or more of areas of linear algebra, algorithms and data structures, optimization and statistics
- Good experience in scientific and object-oriented programming (for example, using Python or C/C++)
- Basic knowledge of implementing deep learning systems with PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Basic knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Enthusiasm to learn new things and work in a multidisciplinary and international research environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Skills which represent a plus
- A track record of research experience, i.e., research papers
- Proven experience in algorithm design, machine learning techniques, and deep learning
- Familiarity with PyTorch or TensorFlow
Learning is required: selected candidates will undergo a continuous training in applied machine learning.
How to apply
In order to apply to this position, the interested candidates should send the following material, in pdf format, to the following email address email@example.com, mentioning in the subject of the email “Machine Learning Programmer application”. All material should be written in English. The email should include among the attachments:
- Motivation letter: Why would you like to work with us? Why should we hire you?
- If available: links to open source software developed by the applicant, the latest thesis written by the applicant (e.g, a Master thesis), descriptions of interesting projects to which the applicant had a significant contribution, or scientific publications;
- Full curriculum vitae.
If you have any scientific publication, you can attach it to the application. Scientific publications are not required for this position, even if they may represent a plus.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!