Our institute supported, as partner, the first edition of the Transylvanian Machine Learning Summer School (TMLSS), which took place in Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania in July 16-22, 2018. The focus of school was on Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning. The school was organized by machine learning researchers from DeepMind (Răzvan Pașcanu, Viorica Pătrăucean), Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (Luigi Malagò, Răzvan Florian), and McGill University & DeepMind (Doina Precup).
- Doina Precup (McGill University & DeepMind);
- Dumitru Erhan (Google Brain);
- Guido Montúfar (University of California, Los Angeles);
- Jan Chorowski (University of Wrocław & Google Brain);
- Kyunghyun Cho (New York University & Facebook AI Research);
- Lucian Bușoniu (Technical University of Cluj-Napoca);
- Luigi Malagò (Romanian Institute of Science and Technology);
- Marius Leordeanu (Politechnica University of Bucharest & IMAR);
- Raia Hadsell (DeepMind);
- Răzvan Pașcanu (DeepMind);
- Ulrich Paquet (DeepMind).
Practical sessions were led by:
- Diana Borșa (DeepMind & University College London);
- Mihaela Roșca (DeepMind);
- Viorica Pătrăucean (DeepMind);
- Wojtek Czarnecki (DeepMind).
More information: tmlss.ro