The Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (RIST) has several open positions of software developers / research assistants for machine learning / deep learning, in Cluj, Romania.
The successful applicants will be part of a team of international researchers working in machine learning / deep learning. The main task of the applicants will be the development of applications of deep learning methods, such as:
- machine learning systems processing images (such as medical scans), natural language or audio signals;
- novel machine learning systems that automatically develop web pages.
The selected candidates will be asked to program mainly in Python and efficiently implement algorithms over GPU-based parallel computing architectures, using frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
Desired qualifications and skills
- bachelor (master degree is preferred) in computer science, information technology engineering, applied mathematics, or related fields;
- strong analytical skills, such as problem solving and logical thinking;
- enthusiasm to learn new things and work in a multidisciplinary and international research environment;
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- at least minimal experience in using a machine learning framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow or Keras, or some experience in object-oriented programming of advanced numerical or algebraic algorithms;
This position represents an ideal and privileged opportunity for both recently graduated students and more experienced computer scientists and engineers to join a vibrant, international working environment, and to develop their skills in machine learning and deep learning. The working language is English.
The contract may start as soon as possible, according to the availability of the candidate, and will be offered on a fixed period until either December or September 2020. The activity may continue later within startups that will commercialize the technologies developed within the institute. RIST offers competitive salaries and top-level working conditions. The net salary for these positions will be in the range of 6,000-11,000 lei monthly (gross salary: 9,200-17,000 lei), according to the experience of the candidate.
How to apply
In order to apply to this position, the interested candidates should send by email to the address MLjobs@rist.ro the following information:
- full curriculum vitae (or a link to it, if available online);
- if available: links to open source software developed by the applicant, the latest thesis written by the applicant (e.g, a Bachelor or Master thesis), descriptions of interesting projects to which the applicant had a significant contribution, or scientific publications;
- optionally: a motivation letter, in English: Why would you like to work with us? Why should we hire you?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!